Kickoff Run Contest for Winnipeg Football Club Rules
Ballots may be obtained from ad in Winnipeg Free Press or Brandon Sun from May 21 to June 4 inclusive and dropped at a Tim Hortons location in any of the participating communities. (Portage La Prairie, Brandon, Morden, Winkler, Steinbach, Selkirk and Winnipeg) Should there not be a Tim Hortons location in one of the participating communities, contestant address will serve as filter for winning entry. Contest deadline is noon on June 4. Only original entry forms provided in the print edition of the Winnipeg Free Press or hand drawn facsimiles will be eligible for entry into a contest. Photocopies or mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Contestants may also enter on line at www.winnipegfreepress.com/contests
Winner’s names will be drawn Friday, June 7 and listed on the Winnipeg Blue Bomber website – www.bluebombers.com and notified by telephone that weekend. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible entrant for that prize.
Winners will be drawn from each Tim Hortons location, not as a combination of all entries. Winner will participate in the location where the name was drawn (if by ballot) or by address (if on-line)
All entrants must be eligible to participate in the Kickoff Run on the day requested. Entrants are not required to have running experience – all ages and abilities accepted. Run/walk distance is approximately 110 yards.
Portage La Prairie – June 22
Brandon – June 23
Altona, Morden, Winkler – June 24
Steinbach – June 25
Gimli, Selkirk – June 26
Winnipeg – June 27
ELIGIBILITY: All entrants must be individuals legally residing in Manitoba or Northwestern Ontario and who are the age of majority in Manitoba or Northwestern Ontario at the time of entry into the contest. The Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to require proof of age and jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. If a minor is selected, the parent or legal guardian of the selected entrant must sign an affidavit, in order for their child to be declared the winner. The prize will be issued in the parent or legal guardian’s name. Employees, agents and representatives of the Winnipeg Free Press and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
Each winner will receive the following:
- Bomber cap and Kickoff Run t-shirt
- Commemorative football courtesy of Tim Hortons
- Tim Hortons gift card
- 2 tickets to a Blue Bomber football game
- An opportunity to win the chance to participate in the grand opening ceremonies on June 27 at Investors Group Field
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Entrants may receive one (1) entry for each contest by legibly printing the entrant’s name, street address, city, province, postal code and telephone number on a 3 x 5 inch (or 7.5 x 12.5 cm) piece of paper and mailing it to No Purchase Necessary, Kickoff Run Contest, Winnipeg Free Press, 1355 Mountain Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R2X 3B6
- PRIZE AWARDING: Prizes will be awarded only on verification by the Winnipeg Free Press that all contest requirements have been met by the winners. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of the Winnipeg Free Press which may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants at the email address or phone number provided on the entry form. The Winnipeg Free Press is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner In order to be declared an official winner, the selected entrant(s) must correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. The selected entrants will be required to complete, sign and return to the Winnipeg Free Press a Contest Release Form. If a selected entrant(s) fails to complete, sign and return the Contest Release Form and/or provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible entrant for that prize. By completing, signing and returning the Contest Release Form, the entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Winnipeg Free Press, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and its respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Winnipeg Free Press, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Winnipeg Free Press or its respective advertising agencies.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Winnipeg Free Press, which are final
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a copy of a contest winner list, send your request to: Winner List, the Contest Name, 1355 Mountain Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R2X 3B6. Requests must be received no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the contest deadline and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- DISQUALIFICATION: The Winnipeg Free Press is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of a contest or the operation of a Winnipeg Free Press website, as determined by the Winnipeg Free Press, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to terminate the entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of a contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Winnipeg Free Press, which in the sole opinion of the Winnipeg Free Press, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate a contest and to award prize(s) to individual(s) selected at random from the pool of entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in the details for each specific contest.