General Contest Rules & Regulations
WINNIPEG FREE PRESS GENERAL CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE: To enter a contest, complete an entry form provided (i) in the print edition of the Winnipeg Free Press or (ii) on a Winnipeg Free Press website. Specific entry requirements will be provided by each individual contest. Only original entry forms provided in the print edition of the Winnipeg Free Press or hand drawn facsimiles will be eligible for entry into a contest. Photocopies or mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted.
- ELIGIBILITY: All entrants must be individuals legally residing in Manitoba or Northwestern Ontario and who are the age of majority in Manitoba or Northwestern Ontario at the time of entry into the contest. The Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to require proof of age and jurisdiction of residence prior to awarding any prize. If a minor is selected, the parent or legal guardian of the selected entrant must sign an affidavit, in order for their child to be declared the winner. The prize will be issued in the parent or legal guardian’s name. Employees, agents and representatives of the Winnipeg Free Press and its subsidiaries and affiliates, and its advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to win, nor are the parents, siblings and children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Entrants may receive one (1) entry for each contest by legibly printing the entrant’s name, street address, city, province, postal code and telephone number on a 3 x 5 inch (or 7.5 x 12.5 cm) piece of paper and mailing it to No Purchase Necessary, the Contest Name, Winnipeg Free Press, 1355 Mountain Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R2X 3B6.
- CONTEST DRAW(S): Any draw(s) will be held in Winnipeg, MB on each of the draw dates from all eligible entries received. Winners will be determined by random drawing from all eligible entries received by the Winnipeg Free Press by 11:59 PM on the contest closing date, unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE AWARDING: Prizes will be awarded only on verification by the Winnipeg Free Press that all contest requirements have been met by the winners. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of prizes will be allowed, unless at the discretion of the Winnipeg Free Press which may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants at the email address or phone number provided on the entry form. Winnipeg Free Press will notify the winner within seven (7) calendar days of the draw date. The winner will have ten (10) calendar days from notification to accept the prize. The Winnipeg Free Press is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a selected entrant can not be contacted within the allotted time, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible entrant for that prize. In order to be declared an official winner, the selected entrant(s) must correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. The selected entrants will be required to complete, sign and return to the Winnipeg Free Press a Contest Release Form. If a selected entrant(s) fails to complete, sign and return the Contest Release Form and/or provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible entrant for that prize. By completing, signing and returning the Contest Release Form, the entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Winnipeg Free Press, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and its respective advertising and promotional agencies from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Winnipeg Free Press, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Winnipeg Free Press or its respective advertising agencies.
- CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Winnipeg Free Press, which are final
- WINNER LIST: To obtain a copy of a contest winner list, send your request to: Winner List, the Contest Name, 1355 Mountain Ave, Winnipeg, MB, R2X 3B6. Requests must be received no later than thirty (30) calendar days after the contest deadline and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- DISQUALIFICATION: The Winnipeg Free Press is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of a contest or the operation of a Winnipeg Free Press website, as determined by the Winnipeg Free Press, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right to terminate the entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of a contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Winnipeg Free Press, which in the sole opinion of the Winnipeg Free Press, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the contest, the Winnipeg Free Press reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate a contest and to award prize(s) to individual(s) selected at random from the pool of entrants received up to the point of termination. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in the details for each specific contest.
- TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such prize.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a public contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties to reach a settlement.
- REST OF CANADA: For residents of all provinces other than Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- APPLICABLE LAWS: Each contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- PRIZE DISCLAIMER: The Winnipeg Free Press shall not be responsible or liable to entrants for any losses, damages or costs incurred as a result of entrants entering a contest or use of a prize won in connection with a contest. By participating in a contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Winnipeg Free Press and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives of the Winnipeg Free Press, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with a contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.