Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 9/8/2003 (4914 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Best Buy, North America's leading specialty retailer of technology and entertainment products, with twelve stores in Canada is on its way to Winnipeg. Best Buy will make its debut in Winnipeg with two locations - 1580 Regent Ave W and 810 St James Street in August, 2003.
Celebrate Best Buy's Grand Opening with a Shopping Spree!
Official Rules and Regulations
1. No purchase necessary. To enter, look for the Best Buy logo printed somewhere in the Winnipeg Free Press daily between August 6 - 15, 2003. Complete the entry form and fill in the date and page number on which you found the Best Buy logo.
2. Enter as often as you wish. Mail your completed entry form with sufficient postage to Best Buy c/o the Winnipeg Free Press, Box 2280, Winnipeg, MB R3C 4A6. Entries can also be dropped off (no envelopes required) at the Winnipeg Free Press, 1355 Mountain Ave.,
3. Contest is open to residents of Manitoba who have reached the age of majority, except employees of the Winnipeg Free Press, Best Buy, their affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, and all persons with whom they are domiciled.
4. Only the original entry forms provided in the newspaper or hand drawn facsimiles will be eligible for this contest. Photocopies or mechanically reproduced copies will not be accepted.
5. All entries must be received by contest closing date, August 19, 2003 at 12:00 noon. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Random draws for a $50 Best Buy Gift Card will take place at daily from August 10 - 19, 2003 with winners names appearing in the Free Press between August 11 - 20, 2003. Selected entrants will be notified by telephone and must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question.
6. Incomplete entry forms will not be eligible to win. The Winnipeg Free Press and Best Buy will not be responsible for late, lost, destroyed or wrongly addressed mail in connection with this contest. Entries for this contest will not be eligible for any other Best Buy Contest.
7. Entrants, by entering this contest, consent to the use of their name and/or photograph, without further compensation, in any future publicity carried out by Best Buy and the Winnipeg Free Press in connection with this contest.
8. Available prizes: One Grand Prize of a $2,500 Best Buy Gift Card, 1st prize of a $1,000 Best Buy Gift Card. One 2nd of a $500 Best Buy Gift Card. 10 runner-up prizes of $50 Best Buy Gift Cards.. No substitution for or transfer of the prizes will be allowed. Cash prizes will be awarded in the form of a cheque.
9. The contest judges will have the final decision on any interpretation of the contest rules.