Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
$15M lawsuit filed over stadium delay
The construction-management company that built the new stadium for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers is suing the company that provided the structural steel and created the roof.
Stuart Olson Dominion Construction has filed a statement of claim in Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench against Quebec-based Structal Heavy Steel for special and general damages which at this time is tallied at more than $14.3 million.
As well, Dominion is also suing Structal for $1 million in punitive damages for what it alleges were Structal’s "capricious, high handed, malicious, oppressive and arbitrary manner for the purposes of its own interest."
Dominion is claiming that because of construction delays, caused by Structal, not only did the Investors Group Field not open in time for the Blue Bombers to play in last season, but it also alleges the delays also caused water damage to portions of the facility that had been constructed, as well as costing extra to store seats until they could be installed.
A spokesman for Dominion would only verify that a lawsuit has been filed, while a spokesman for Structal said the company does not comment on issues before the courts.
The allegations have not been proven in court and no statement of defence has been filed.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google