Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Anonymous donor provides 20 Bomber tickets for charity
Twenty Blue Bomber tickets were donated anonymously to youth involved in the 4Life Foundation, a non-profit charity that works within Winnipeg communities.
"The Winnipeg Blue Bombers touches every child, and they should be accessible to all Manitoba young people," said Children and Youth Opportunities Minister Kevin Chief.
Children involved in the program will be rewarded for their commitment and participation within their community.
"Every person has a part they can play to better the community, that's what this is all about," said Police Chief Devon Clunis.
The Winnipeg Police Service has been working with the 4Life Foundation to improve neighbourhoods around the city for the past five months.
"We're forming relationships with these kids and grabbing them before the gangs do,"said Sgt. Danny Boyko.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google