Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Calgarian killed in crash near Prawda
The man killed in a single-vehicle rollover on Monday evening near Prawda, about 100 km east of Winnipeg, has been identified as a 22-year-old man from Calgary.
RCMP have not released his name.
The man, who had been pronounced dead at the scene, was a passenger in a 1999 Subaru which was headed west on the Trans-Canada Highway when the rollover occurred.
Falcon Beach RCMP and emergency services who responded to the call at around 4 p.m. assisted two other males who were in the vehicle.
The driver is a 25-year-old man from Maple, Ont. who has been released from hospital. The other passenger, a 24-year-old man from Toronto, remains in hospital.
Police are continuing to investigate.
Updated on Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 8:33 PM CDT: Fixed typo
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google