Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Charges laid after man rams police car with stolen truck
A Winnipeg man is facing multiple charges after a police car was rammed repeatedly by a stolen truck Wednesday afternoon.
Police were dispatched to the Beliveau Road and Dakota street area shortly after noon following a reported motor vehicle accident. Earlier in the day, a vehicle had been reported stolen from the 200 block of St. Anne’s Road. The suspect collided with a westbound vehicle, failed to stop and continued eastbound. Moments later, he struck a cross walk sign, travelled on to the sidewalk and narrowly missed a pedestrian. He then returned to the road and continued without stopping. Police spotted the vehicle in the 600 block of St. Anne’s Road and turned on their flashing lights. The suspect drove the truck into the cruiser, striking it several times. Police officers were not injured.
Twenty-six-year-old Marlin James Henderson is charged with impaired driving causing bodily harm, failure to provide a breath sample, two counts of assault with a weapon, motor vehicle theft, resisting arrest, driving while disqualified and failure to leave particulars concerning damage. He was slightly injured during arrest.
The driver of the westbound vehicle was treated at hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google