Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 30/5/2014 (732 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
In anticipation of a warm weekend, the City of Winnipeg will be opening many of its kid-friendly splash pads on Saturday at 10 a.m.
Officials originally intended to open the mini-water parks Monday, but decided to open the pads two days early when they caught a glimpse of the forecast, which calls for a high of 23 C on Saturday and 24 C on Sunday.
The following splash pads will be open for business starting Saturday:
- Central Park
- Lindenwoods Community Centre
- Provencher Park
- River Heights Community Centre
- River East (Peguis Trail Health & Fitness Centre)
- Shaughnessy Park
- St. Norbert Community Centre
- St. James Assiniboia Centennial Pool
- Transcona Centennial Pool
- Vimy Ridge Memorial Park
- Westdale Community Centre
The Fort Rouge Park pad is undergoing repairs and will be opened at a later date.