Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 22/1/2013 (1220 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Firefighters working in extreme cold this morning rescued a dog named Theodore from a burning house on Trent Avenue in East Kildonan.
"We got the dog out. There was nobody home but him," district fire chief Robert Dziadekwich said.
Fire crews kept the dog warm in the back seat of the district chief's SUV.
The father of the homeowner took Theodore to look after him.
Don Giesbrecht said his son and daughter-in-law were at work when the fire started. The dog was unharmed and in good shape, he said.
The fire was confined to the attic of the one-and-one-half storey home in the 200 block of Trent Avenue. Multiple fire crews spelled each other off because of the extreme cold for nearly 90 minutes to get the flames under control. There were 32 firefighters, working in four crews, at the fire.
Southern Manitoba has been caught in an Arctic grip for two days with windchill warnings of -40C to -43C.