Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 9/9/2012 (1360 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A family escaped safely on Sunday afternoon as their North End house went up in flames.
Firefighters raced to the home at the corner of Machray Avenue and Salter Street as a blaze gnawed at the back of a house.
The family that lives in the house escaped with their cat and gathered to watch firefighters douse the flames.
By 5:30 p.m. the home's back wall stood charred, it's windows shattered from the heat.
A woman who lives in the home said the blaze started outside the house and completely engulfed her daughter's playhouse.
The family ran outside as the fire spread to the home's back wall.
"I just wanted everyone to be safe," she said.