Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Free Press photographer nominated for national awards
The outstanding work of a Winnipeg Free Press photographer has come into a national focus.
Ruth Bonneville, a photojournalist at the Free Press, is among the nominees for the 2013 National Pictures of the Year awards, it was announced Monday night.
Bonneville is nominated in two different areas -- the feature category and the social issues category.
Tim Smith, a photographer at the Brandon Sun, is also up for a pair of awards, including 2013 photojournalist of the year. He is also nominated in the pictorial category.
The awards are put on by the News Photographers Association of Canada (NPAC), which recognizes the excellence of photojournalists across the country. The winners will be announced at the 2013 National Pictures of the Year Awards Gala in Vancouver May 24.
The multimedia categories will be announced next week.
All of the nominees, including a gallery of nominated photos, can be seen at npac.ca.
Updated on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 at 11:20 AM CDT: Adds link, adds slideshow
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google