Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Gord Steeves plans to address the media on Tuesday
Mayoral candidate Gord Steeves plans to speak to media Tuesday.
His campaign staff did not say what he wants to say or when or where he will say it. The campaign issued the notice Sunday.
His campaign caught some heat late last week over an old Facebook post from his wife. Lorrie Steeves has since apologized for racists remarks she made in the 2010 post when she expressed dissatisfaction with "getting harrassed (sic) by the drunken native guys" in downtown Winnipeg skywalks.
Althea Guiboche, Winnipeg’s bannock lady invited the mayoral candidate and his wife to help her at 3 p.m. today on her weekly rounds to distribute bannock to the homeless downtown. She said today she had yet to hear if they will join her.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google