Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Horses seized after health concerns reported
Ten horses were seized by the provincial veterinarian’s office from a property in the RM of Lakeview after a complaint was made about their well-being.
The Office of the Chief Veterinary Officer said today the animals were seized Monday under the authority of the province’s Animal Care Act.
The RM of Lakeview is located on the west shore of Lake Manitoba.
The province says the horses were seized due to identified concerns over their health and well-being and are now under the care of the chief veterinary officer.
The owners have until Monday, Jan. 21 to file a notice of objection to the seizure. This means the horses cannot be sold or given away until any appeal is decided. No charges have been laid.
Anyone who suspects an animal is lacking adequate food, water, shelter or medical attention, should call the Animal Care Line at 1-204-945-8000. The province says all calls are be kept confidential and will be investigated.
Updated on Friday, January 18, 2013 at 1:20 PM CST: corrects typo in head
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google