Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Lend a hand: Volunteer opportunities in Winnipeg
The following is a list of volunteer opportunities for Winnipeg and surrounding areas. For more information about these listings, please contact the organization directly. Volunteer Manitoba does not place volunteers with organizations, but we can assist you in finding a volunteer opportunity. To learn more about our programs and services, please visit volunteermanitoba.ca or call 204-477-5180.
Canadian Lawnbowling Championships, Dakota Lawn Bowling Centre, Bowls Manitoba (lawn bowling) is looking for volunteers to help out at our Canadian Lawn Bowling Championships Aug. 18 to 23. Shifts approximately three and a half to four hours, include scorekeeping, helping with lunch, general cleanup. Please contact Marilyn at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Betty at email@example.com if you are interested in helping out at this national event.
Seven Oaks Hospital Annual Book Sale Seven Oaks General Hospital, Aug. 26 to 28, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Level 2, 2300 McPhillips St. All proceeds go towards supporting our summer youth volunteer program.
SavED: Walk for Eating Disorder Awareness is looking for individuals with a passion for volunteering to help out with pre-event planning (postering, handing out flyers). Also seeking volunteers to assist on event day with duties such as set-up, registration, handing out water and motivation animators (fun!). For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Health Sciences Centre Foundation requires volunteers for its up and coming Celebrity Human Race! Volunteers are needed for Saturday, Sept. 27 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Duties will include being part of the Pit Stop Crew at one of five "Secret" locations in Winnipeg (your location will be given in advance), assisting the celebrities and teams with obstacle courses, puzzles or quiz-like challenges and registration. To apply, please email: email@example.com For more information, please contact Nicole Walker at (416) 703-5371 x 239 or visit our website hscfhumanrace.com
St. Amant needs volunteers to review and proofread Lifebooks that have been created for the individuals who are supported by St. Amant. These books contain a timeline of the individual’s life and include information and photos about where they have lived, the schools they’ve attended and some of their favourite things. This is an amazing opportunity to develop rewarding relationships and improve your writing and communication skills. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.stamant.ca
Aboriginal Music Week 2014 needs you! A number of volunteer opportunities are available for adults and youth from all nations. If you are 18 or older please complete our online registration form at aboriginalmusicweek.ca/participate or contact Teresa Clifton at email@example.com
Manitoba Riding for the Disabled, a therapeutic horseback riding program for children with disabilities, is looking for volunteers to act as horse leaders or side walkers. A mandatory Volunteer Orientation will be held on Sept. 8, beginning at 6:30 p.m. at West Wind Stables. Volunteers must be 14 years or older, and although horse experience is necessary to be a leader, it is certainly not required to be a side walker. For more information please visit our website mrda.cc or phone 925-5905.
Manitoba Arts Network is looking for a volunteer graphic designer. Interested applicants must be comfortable using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; and be able to work remotely from home using their own computer and Adobe CS6 software. The volunteer will be using existing design templates to create posters and brochures for programs and events. For more information, please visit mbartsnet.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba is seeking volunteers for Dragon Boat 2014. Volunteer duties include: assisting with the check-in and registration area, 50/50 raffle sales, site set up and tear down (light lifting) and merchandise sales. Volunteers are needed Friday, Sept. 12, from noon to 8 p.m.; Saturday, Sept. 13, from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Sunday, Sept. 14, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.. For more information please visit: goodbear.mb.ca or apply via email at email@example.com
Manitoba Arts Network is recruiting a communications/public relations volunteer, who would assist with communications for the annual Manitoba Showcase conference, as well as the Rural and Northern Art Show in the fall. Also needed are public relations and media support for the launch of the fall performing and visual arts tours. Interested applicants can apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grace Hospital Patient and Family Advisory Council is seeking new members. The role of the council is to provide patients and families with a voice on the design, improvement, and delivery of health care services in Winnipeg West. Anyone 18-plus may apply. The goal is to have a strong and diverse cross-section of individuals from the community. If interested, please contact Denise Bondarenko at (204)837-0140 or email email@example.com.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room Program located at Children’s Hospital is actively looking for volunteers for four-hour weekly or bi-weekly weekend shifts: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., 1 to 5 p.m., and 5 to 9 p.m.. Volunteers help welcome families to their home away from home by interacting with families, baking and by assisting with light housekeeping and administrative duties. Please contact Kasia at 204-787-4626 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or apply online at rmhmanitoba.org.
The MS Society of Canada, Manitoba division is looking for volunteers to come on the road this summer for the annual MS Bike Biking to the Viking fundraiser, celebrating its 25th anniversary this year on Aug. 23 and 24. All Volunteers will receive a 25th Anniversary commemorative T-Shirt, meals and refreshments during their shifts, and for those who work 10 hours or more over the weekend, a complimentary ticket to the Saturday evening dinner in Gimli ($25 value). For more information please visit mssociety.ca/manitoba/volunteerB2Vpositions.html to apply online or you can contact: deirdre.o’email@example.com or call 204-988-0911.
Looking for a volunteer golf spotter for low-vision female avid golfer. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 31 articles for today)3:46 PM
Photo Store Gallery
- Parole officials impressed with progress made by Winnipeg killer
- RCMP quiet on large police presence at Canadadrugs.com offices
- Toews' lobbying to be probed
- Teen fighting back against alleged bullying with lawsuit
- MTS inadvertently filters internet customers' traffic
- Man sentenced to 16 years for sexually abusing his five children
- Death of Stony inmate investigated
- Wanted: info on trains blocking traffic
- Firms shortlisted for $590 million transitway and Pembina underpass project
- Man arrested after indecent act Tuesday
- Significant snowfall likely for southern Manitoba
- Developer giving up on 110-year-old Sargent Avenue building after battle with city
- Boy, 11, injured after falling about 4.5 metres from ski lift at Asessippi
- Man facing impaired driving charge after fatal ATV crash says he had alcohol after the crash
- MTS inadvertently filters internet customers' traffic
- Mom wants ski trips reviewed
- Brothers headed to prison after attacking their mother's dealer
- Semi-trailer falls into Assiniboine River
- Saskatchewan teen killed in crash in Manitoba
- Poor conditions slow drive into Winnipeg; some vehicles off road
- Family shattered by loss of four young sons
- Pilot Mound teen dies after skiing accident
- Two in hospital after car crashes into restaurant
- Forgiving the unthinkable
- Selinger wins on second ballot at NDP leadership convention
- Property tax increase capped, but frontage levies, garbage fees to increase
- Before meeting with mayor, Chipman wants written response
- Judge doesn't buy tale of biker's bounty
- Boy who gave up Jets stick gets surprise gift
- Protected witness wonders if big payday was worth hassle
Ads by Google