Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 11/12/2012 (1291 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Join city hall reporter Jen Skerritt Wednesday morning at 9:30 a.m. as she live tweets from Winnipeg city council's last meeting of 2012. Council will vote on a number of items, including:
- A package of new regulations governing outdoor advertising, including a ban on scrolling words on electronic signs.
- A seven-year $20-million photo-radar contract.
- A new proposed strategy to combat Dutch elm disease
- A three-year increase to water and sewer rates
- Put off a plan to extend water pipes into neighbouring municipalities and prepare a submission to the International Joint Commission about the idea.