Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION

Man turns self in after string of fires, charged with arson

  • Print

A 49-year-old man has been charged with a string of arson-related charges for fires this year.

Police said the six fires happened between February 25 and March 2 at casinos on Regent Avenue and McPhillips Street. Police said there was damage of about $8,000 to one of the casinos on February 25.

Doug Porisky is charged with six counts of arson disregard for human life and six counts of arson damage to property. He is also charged with a count of mischief over $5,000. Police said Porisky turned himself in.

Porisky went to police last Saturday, and was detained in custody.

Gabrielle.giroday@freepress.mb.ca

Fact Check

Fact Check

Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.

* Required
  • Please post the headline of the story or the title of the video with the error.

  • Please post exactly what was wrong with the story.

  • Please indicate your source for the correct information.

  • Yes

    No

  • This will only be used to contact you if we have a question about your submission, it will not be used to identify you or be published.

  • Cancel

Having problems with the form?

Contact Us Directly
  • Print

Comments are not accepted on this story because they might prejudice a case before the courts.

letters

Make text: Larger | Smaller

LATEST VIDEO

Your top TV picks for this week - December 8-12

View more like this

Photo Store Gallery

  • horse in sunset - marc gallant
  • PHIL HOSSACK / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS 060710 The full moon rises above the prairie south of Winnipeg Monday evening.

View More Gallery Photos

Poll

What's your take on the Jets so far this season?

View Results

View Related Story

Ads by Google