Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Manitoba flu cases relatively low
Manitoba still has a "lowish" number of flu cases and the wave of illness is nearly half done.
There are 45 lab-confirmed cases in the province so far, most in the H1N1 strain, Manitoba Health reported late Thursday.
No deaths have yet been connected to the flu, but the province is investigating a death two weeks ago that may be related to influenza. In that case, said Chief Public Health Officer Michael Routledge, the patient exhibited several symptoms not associated with the flu. Doctors are still working to determine the person's exact cause of death.
Unlike Alberta and other provinces, Manitoba has a relatively low number of flu cases, in part because it continued to vaccinate for H1N1 following the 2009 pandemic year.
Updated on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 6:59 PM CST: Adds video.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Police charge 12 drunk drivers
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google