Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Woman hurt in collision dies; man to be charged
A woman hit by a car has died of her injuries, and a man known to her is in police custody and will be charged, police say.
The 35-year-old woman suffered extensive injuries at the intersection of St. Anne’s Road and St. Mary’s Road about 2:30 a.m. Police haven’t specifically said whether she was struck by a car, which was being driven by a 35-year-old man, or hurt in some other fashion. She has since died of her injuries in hospital.
The man is expected to be charged, though police did not release what charges would be laid. The investigation is continuing by the Major Crimes Unit, and more information will be released Thursday.
Updated on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 9:22 AM CDT: updates with opening of intersection
11:23 AM: Updated with new details from police.
12:31 PM: updates with new info
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google