Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 8/5/2013 (1262 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A woman injured in an apartment fire in the 400 block of Sargent Ave., on Wednesday has been upgraded to stable condition, police said today.
She suffered smoke inhalation after a fire broke out about 3:30 p.m. in a five-storey apartment building in the core area.
The fire in the apartment block at 475 Sargent Ave. near Balmoral Street was thought to have started in the kitchen of a suite, according to a source at the scene.
Firefighters on the scene used breathing apparatus to move throughout the building, checking suites for occupants as they contained the fire.
Fire officials have yet to confirm the cause of the fire.
A damage estimate has been pegged at $70,000 to the suite.