Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Suspects sought in Wednesday sex assaults
Winnipeg police are investigating a pair of daytime sexual assaults Wednesday in the downtown area.
The first attack happened just after 10 a.m. when a 21-year-old woman walking near the Osborne Street Bridge was grabbed by a man walking past her. She was able to escape and call police.
The accused fled the scene and is described as an aboriginal male in his mid 20’s, approximately 5’8" with a large build and wearing black clothing.
The second attack happened just before 6 p.m. at Portage Place Shopping Centre. A 23-year-old woman was groped by a stranger who approached her and struck up a conversation.
Police say the woman screamed for help and the accused fled. He is described as an aboriginal male in his early to mid 20s, approximately 5’8" and 250 pounds wearing black sweats and a grey hoodie. The woman also described him as having a speech impediment.
Neither victim suffered physical injury. Based on the similar suspect descriptions it’s possible both attacks were committed by the same man.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 204-986-6245.
Updated on Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 4:07 PM CDT: Adds missing word to headline.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google