Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Live in the News Café: Raised by entrepreneurial legends
The Manitoba business landscape would look a lot different if it weren't for Albert Cohen and Sir Clifford Sifton.
One offspring from each of the soon-to-be inducted Manitoba Business Hall of Fame members, James Cohen and Graeme Sifton, will stop by the Winnipeg Free Press News Café today at 1:30 p.m. to talk about growing up in the households of entrepreneurial legends.
Cohen was the founder of Gendis Inc. while Sifton was a longtime MP and owner of the Manitoba Free Press.
The first six inductees into the hall of fame, which is spearheaded by Junior Achievement Manitoba, also include James Armstrong Richardson Sr., Muriel Richardson, Izzy Asper and Samuel Bronfman.
The news café is at 237 McDermot Ave.
The event will be livestreamed here.
Note: Incorrect information appeared during the live stream. Graeme Sifton is the great-grandson of Sir Clifford Sifton, not the son. Our apologies for the error.
Updated on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 9:45 AM CST: Updates.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google