Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 19/12/2012 (1233 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Winnipeggers can recycle their Christmas trees after the holidays at city depots.
City of Winnipeg officials said 11 Let's Chip In depots will be open between Dec. 27 and Jan. 20. Recycling is free, but tinsel, decorations, plastic bags and tree stands must be removed.
Christmas trees placed beside recycling or garbage carts will not be collected. The depots at Assiniboine Park Zoo and Pan Am Pool are permanently closed.
Depot locations include:
- Charleswood Centre, 24 hour access
- Kildonan Park, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Kilcona Park, 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Whittier Park, 24 hour access
- St. James Civic Centre, 24 hour access
- Fire Hall #17 at 1501 Church Avenue, 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Vimy Arena, 24 hour access
- St. Vital Park, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Transcona, Chrislind Street and Ravelston Avenue, 24 hour access
- King's Park, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Winnipeg Soccer Complex, 24 hour access