Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 12/12/2012 (1536 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
There were no smoke detectors in the house where a woman died in a fire on Monday night in Selkirk, the Manitoba fire commissioner’s office has told the RCMP.
Emergency crews were called to the house at 10:30 p.m. when neighbours saw the front porch engulfed in flames.
An autopsy has concluded that the woman, who was identified by relatives as Gloria Sanderson, succumbed to smoke inhalation during the blaze.
Sanderson’s dog was also killed by the fire, but nobody else was in the house at the time.
The damage to the house is estimated at $175,000, the RCMP said. No neighbouring houses were damaged by the fire.