Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 12/12/2012 2:59 PM | Comments: 0
There were no smoke detectors in the house where a woman died in a fire on Monday night in Selkirk, the Manitoba fire commissioner’s office has told the RCMP.
Emergency crews were called to the house at 10:30 p.m. when neighbours saw the front porch engulfed in flames.
An autopsy has concluded that the woman, who was identified by relatives as Gloria Sanderson, succumbed to smoke inhalation during the blaze.
Sanderson’s dog was also killed by the fire, but nobody else was in the house at the time.
The damage to the house is estimated at $175,000, the RCMP said. No neighbouring houses were damaged by the fire.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Police officials and board members disagree over police board's authority
Glover staffers remove ugly details from Wikipedia
RCMP find body of drowned man
Police report drop in violent crime in Winnipeg
Pendant with boy's ashes stolen in Edmonton
Bombers move on from loss
Fringe festival on record pace, so far
Ryan Adams in town Oct. 12
Manitoba Hydro signs power-sale deal with Saskatchewan
Manitoba crews heading west to fight forest fires
Local rally shows support for Israel
Ties that bind
Motorcycle crash kills Steinbach businessman
Group of Manitoba teachers to visit Juno Beach for educational tour
Woman to pay double for dining, dashing
Heritage festival to celebrate nation's military history
PC leader keeps far from flood fight's crucial front lines
'It was like they'd just shot a dog'
High-income wage earners cashing in on public housing
Veil of secrecy encourages misinformation
Winnipeg mayor lists Arizona home as a primary residence
Alberta team probes shooting
'We did not know we'd lose': Pallister
No more jail time for troubled youth who killed father
New charges for man shot by Mountie
Fringe flap gets ugly
Goodbye time for Grandma Elm