Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 12/12/2012 2:59 PM | Comments: 0
There were no smoke detectors in the house where a woman died in a fire on Monday night in Selkirk, the Manitoba fire commissioner’s office has told the RCMP.
Emergency crews were called to the house at 10:30 p.m. when neighbours saw the front porch engulfed in flames.
An autopsy has concluded that the woman, who was identified by relatives as Gloria Sanderson, succumbed to smoke inhalation during the blaze.
Sanderson’s dog was also killed by the fire, but nobody else was in the house at the time.
The damage to the house is estimated at $175,000, the RCMP said. No neighbouring houses were damaged by the fire.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories? Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Woman killed in fatal collision near Steinbach
Two charged for illegally selling elk meat
RCMP officer pleads guilty at new assault trial
Premier Selinger talks about his decision to soldier on despite caucus rebellion
Fire commissioner calls for band home inspections
Manitoba lags behind other provinces in organ donations
Woman convicted of aggravated sexual assault in HIV case
Retirees show workplaces how it's done in first choir contest
Two injured in small explosion at Standard Aero
New regulations for pesticides target poisonous plants
Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
88 per cent of employment program retain jobs, closer to financial independence: province
Ready, set -- grow those beards
Conference on civilian internment to be first of its kind in Canada
Exit a body blow for Selinger
Criminal probe into HQ project
6 potential venues of inquiry
Terrorists succeed as Sony shelves The Interview
High of -8 today, warmer weather ahead
Truck-crash victim 'just lit up the room'
A doggone happy reunification
Oswald can win: NDP official
Constitution Act, Treaty 1 at CMHR
Workplace sexual harassment concerns rights commission
Kids-in-hotels program to change
Veterans Affairs hiring again
Woman in hospital after bus hits her
Cultural displays from our Chinese sister city
Tire program gains traction