Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 27/11/2012 (1640 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A 28-year-old former student previously banned from the campus allegedly assaulted three people at Winnipeg Technical College on Monday.
Winnipeg Police Service spokesman Const. Jason Michalyshen said police were called to the campus off Scurfield Boulevard around 11:15 a.m. Monday.
"The accused was looking for a particular victim," said Michalyshen.
Police believe the suspect assaulted a 46-year-old man in the upper body. A 16-year-old boy who tried to help also got assaulted, as did a 38-year-old security guard, none of them seriously.
The suspect struggled with police after his arrest, and now faces two counts of assaulting a peace officer.
The man also faces three counts of assault, trespass, and utter threats of cause death or bodily harm -- specifically directed at the security guard, Michalyshen said.
WTC officials have so far not been available for comment. The school serves both high school and adult students.