Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Street, tap water affected by Charleswood water-main break
There's still plenty of ice in one area of Charleswood this morning after a series of water main breaks Sunday evening.
The largest occurred about 5:30 p.m. on Laxdal Road, and water quickly spread water from Brittany Drive to Ridgewood Avenue. Water was ankle deep in some spots, residents said.
There were no evacuations from the area.
Water crews shut down the water main to regain control of the situation, while the public works department sanded the icy street.
Some Charleswood residents then reported seeing brown water spouting from their taps, likely a result of sediment build-up is happened when the city re-started the water-main system.
Updated on Sunday, December 29, 2013 at 10:12 PM CST: Tweaks copy.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google