Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 11/1/2013 (1468 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Finance Minister Stan Struthers will hold seven pre-budget consultation meetings in advance of this year’s provincial budget, including two in Winnipeg.
The meetings will give Manitobans an opportunity to let the government know what it would like to see in the budget.
"In this time of global economic uncertainty, it is important to keep focused on responsible fiscal management," Struthers said in a news release. "But we'll keep working and listening to Manitoba families to ensure their priorities reflected in the 2013 budget."
The meetings will run 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. unless otherwise stated. The locations are as follows:
- Jan. 21, south Winnipeg -- Fort Garry Community Club, main hall (bilingual consultations);
- Jan. 22, Gimli -- Lakeview Resort, 10 Centre St.;
- Jan. 23, Niverville -- Niverville Heritage Centre, 100 Heritage Trail;
- Jan. 28, Flin Flon -- City Hall, council chambers, 20 First Ave. (1 to 3 p.m.);
- Jan. 28, Swan River -- Westwood Inn, Valley room, 473 Westwood Rd.;
- Jan. 29, north Winnipeg -- Valley Gardens Community Club, 218 Antrim Rd.; and
- Jan. 30, Brandon -- Keystone Centre, 1175 18 St. (1 to 3 p.m.).
If Manitobans are unable to attend a meeting, they can share their views in writing with the minister at Budget Consultations, Room 103, 450 Broadway, Winnipeg, MB R3C 0V8; by email at email@example.com or by filling out the questionnaire at www.gov.mb.ca.