Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Suspect charged in beating of sleeping man
A suspect in a Saturday morning beating that left a North End man in critical condition has turned himself in to police.
Shawn Patrick McDougall, 20, has been charged with aggravated assault and is being held in custody.
Police went to a home in the 500-block of College Avenue just after 10 a.m. Saturday, where they found a 25-year-old man with serious upper body injuries. He was taken to hospital where he remains in critical but stable condition.
Police said the investigation found that there had been a drinking party at the home. The partiers fell asleep, including the victim, who was then attacked by one of the other partiers.
Police said the suspect turned himself in to police Monday.
Police said they are not aware of the motive for the beating.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google