Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Two arrested after police raid house on David Street
Two men are facing charges after Winnipeg police raided a home on New Year's Eve and seized cocaine, a semi-automatic handgun and body armour.
Jesse Carl McMillan, 26, and a 52-year-old male were charged with several drug and firearm related offences, including possession of property obtained through crime.
With a search warrant, the tactical support team raided a residence in the 700 block of David Street in the St. James-Assiniboia area on Tuesday, police said in a news release today.
From the residence, officials seized a loaded .45 calibre semi-automatic handgun, ballistic body armour, 18.6 grams of cocaine with an estimated value of $1500, 38 grams of marihuana with an estimated value of $400, and almost $6000 in cash.
Constable Eric Hofley said that while this drug-bust is relatively small when compared to others the city has seen, it was still significant.
"Any time you’re pulling a gun off the street it’s a good thing," he said. "I would consider this seizure successful."
The two men inside the residence were taken into custody without resistance.
McMillan was detained at the Provincial Remand Centre and the 52-year-old male was released with a Promise to Appear.
Updated on Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM CST: Corrects date of police raid.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google