Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 03/23/2013 4:09 PM | Comments: 0
Two people are dead after a house fire Friday on the Wasagamack First Nation in northern Manitoba.
Police say the blaze was caused by careless cooking and is considered to be an accident.
Island Lake RCMP responded to the call of a house fire about 10 a.m. Friday. When they arrived the blaze was fully involved, police said in a statement.
Police were able to search the house after the fire was extinguished and discovered the two bodies.
RCMP say they believe they know the identities of the victims but are waiting for the post-mortem to be completed before making any confirmation.
Wasagamack is 280 kilometres southeast of Thompson.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Man pleads guilty in 2012 death of male model
Selkirk Community Living workers prepare to strike
Accused killer tries to plead guilty again
Sentencing in child-abduction trial could be broadcast
New weather stations to help flood forecasters and farmers
Greaves returning to Bombers lineup
Build-first strategy bearing fruit
Crash kills Flin Flon man
Record crowd flocks to fringe
OurWinnipeg planning report to be followed, says mayoral candidate
Astronaut landing at the Concert Hall in December
Preview of Folklorama at News Café today
Sunny, warm week in the forecast
Fringe candidates get attention they deserve
Fringe Fest looks headed to record numbers
Having the time of her life
Fixation with constant suburban growth slammed
Man dies in suspicious downtown highrise fire
Longtime St. Amant volunteer sees role as good for the soul
Treasured oasis on Assiniboine
Pesticide use in Manitoba rising despite looming ban, data shows