Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Posted: 03/23/2013 4:09 PM | Comments: 0
Two people are dead after a house fire Friday on the Wasagamack First Nation in northern Manitoba.
Police say the blaze was caused by careless cooking and is considered to be an accident.
Island Lake RCMP responded to the call of a house fire about 10 a.m. Friday. When they arrived the blaze was fully involved, police said in a statement.
Police were able to search the house after the fire was extinguished and discovered the two bodies.
RCMP say they believe they know the identities of the victims but are waiting for the post-mortem to be completed before making any confirmation.
Wasagamack is 280 kilometres southeast of Thompson.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Bars allowed to serve until 3 a.m. for Saturday's Jets game
Mosquito season begins early for Winnipeg
Still no word on Perreault for Game 2, says Maurice
Winnipeg man found guilty of sexual assault against stepdaughter
Housing prices up slightly: Re/Max report
Federal NDP seeking emergency debate on CWB sale
Mother, daughter call police after man exposes self; suspect sought
Late-night cyclist charged after breaching curfew
School lunch money stolen, police say
Giesbrecht hopes to be chillin' in Ottawa
Selinger government spent over $20,000 on State of Province address: Tories
New traffic services unit for The Pas
Accused said he was on edge
Witness recounts fatal knifing
Rookie's got the right stuff for city hall
Fire destroys historic home
Sunny today, but cool, rainy weekend ahead
Unsuccessful donor, recipient embrace
Tories add up PST increase
RWB fires veteran instructor
Lutherans send aid package to Africa
Soccer-playing sisters get kick at flag-bearing
Being short on cash is a tall order
Kenyans mourn their dead
Group envisions mountain-biking hub in Riding Mountain National Park