Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 23/3/2013 (1160 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Two people are dead after a house fire Friday on the Wasagamack First Nation in northern Manitoba.
Police say the blaze was caused by careless cooking and is considered to be an accident.
Island Lake RCMP responded to the call of a house fire about 10 a.m. Friday. When they arrived the blaze was fully involved, police said in a statement.
Police were able to search the house after the fire was extinguished and discovered the two bodies.
RCMP say they believe they know the identities of the victims but are waiting for the post-mortem to be completed before making any confirmation.
Wasagamack is 280 kilometres southeast of Thompson.