Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 9/2/2014 (1111 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
A man and a woman suffered burns at a chili cook-off event at Winnipeg high school Saturday.
"Someone opened an oven door and a fireball occurred," a spokesman for the Winnipeg fire department said. Fire crews responded to the call at 2:16 p.m. Saturday from St. Boniface Diocesan High School at 282 Dubuc St.
A man, 66, suffered burns to his forehead and arms. A woman, 50, suffered burns to her arms, hair, upper torso and face, the fire department spokesman said. He said he had no further details about the gas oven incident, and didn’t know the severity of the victims’ burns.