Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Volunteer opportunities, March 24
The following is a list of volunteer opportunities advertised in the Winnipeg area. For more information about these listings, please contact the person/organization directly. You may also call to set up an appointment to see an interviewer at Volunteer Manitoba. Information: 204-477- 5180 ext. 230, email@example.com or www.mbvolunteer.ca.
Ronald McDonald House and Family Room are looking for volunteers for evening shifts on weekdays and weekends. Volunteers help welcome families to their home away from home by interacting with families, baking and assisting with light housekeeping and administrative duties. Information: Pat 204-787-4626 or www.rmhmanitoba.org.
Assiniboine Park Zoo is looking for volunteers to support the opening of Journey to Churchill this summer! Do you have an interest or passion for conservation, the outdoors and visitor service? Apply at www.assiniboinepark.ca/volunteer or visit us at our April 1 volunteer recruitment fair.
Open Circle is seeking a prison visitor to make two monthly visits to institutions located in and around Winnipeg. Open Circle matches people in prison with caring community members, the aim being to reduce fear and alienation and encourage a healthy return to society after release. This position requires a one-year commitment. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-294-9599.
Winnipeg Relay for Life is seeking volunteers for the following roles: corporate sponsorship chair, logistics chair, and food & beverage co-chair. Relay For Life is an inspirational, non-competitive, 12 hour overnight fundraising event that brings you and your community together to celebrate life and fight cancer. Relay For Life 2014, May 23, 7 p.m. – 7 a.m., Investors Group Field (event supported by the Wpg. Blue Bombers). Information: 204-774-7483 or email@example.com.
JCI Winnipeg is seeking a dynamic, independent and creative person to fill the Director, Communications position on the 2014 JCI Winnipeg Board of Directors. This position offers you the opportunity to enable positive change through the development of young citizens. JCI offer opportunities to learn, inspire and build our experience as leaders. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Amant is looking for a volunteer, 18 or older, with experience using Pictello & Book Creator to create seasonal stories on the IPad promoting the mission/values of the St. Amant School Program. Information: email@example.com.
Winnipeg School Division Adult EAL (English as an Additional Language) program requires volunteers to help adult newcomers who are learning English. Volunteers assist right in the classroom and help in a variety of ways. Volunteers work under the direction of the classroom teacher and are needed 1-3 hours a week morning, afternoon and evening at various locations until the middle of June. Information: Heather, firstname.lastname@example.org or http://eal.wsd1.org.
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 19 articles for today)8:24 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Mountie's answer to pain: suicide
- Winnipeg mayor lists Arizona home as a primary residence
- Motorcycle crash kills Pine Falls pair
- RCMP shoot, injure man during baseball game in Norway House
- Woman's death 'sadder than sad'
- Robbed by his own brother?
- Two years jail for grisly death
- Woman dies in farming accident
- Stolen custom-built bike found
- Woman in alleged dine-and-dash trio returns for purse, charged with fraud
- Mountie's answer to pain: suicide
- 24 Manitoba municipalities declare state of emergency
- Several Manitoba Safeway, IGA stores to shut doors
- Canada Day marred by two deaths in city
- Piercing at Ex prickly issue for city parents
- Failed bid for med school no basis for suit: judge
- Polo Park getting major makeover
- Dad fights to keep $100,000
- Mom rips judge over remark
- Nygård under gun in Bahamas
Ads by Google