Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Weather service lowers Fargo flood forecast
The threat of a record crest in the Red River has been reduced by the latest U.S. National Weather Service projection.
The Red is now expected to crest below 39 feet, two feet below the record of 40.82 feet set in 2009, the Fargo Forum has reported.
As a result, flood preparations in Fargo may be scaled back, the newspaper said.
Flood fighters in Fargo had been planning to build temporary dikes up to protect against a 43-foot crest.
They are holding off for now, the Forum reported.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google