Winnipeg Free Press - ONLINE EDITION
Winnipeg Foundation passes $300-M mark in grants given
The Winnipeg Foundation has passed a milestone, with $21.2 million handed out to almost 800 organizations last year — it has now given grants of more than $300 million in its 91-year history.
The foundation, the country’s first community foundation, also received $26.1 million in gifts last year.
"This was a great year for The Winnipeg Foundation, which makes it a great year for our entire community," Richard Frost, the foundation’s CEO, said in a statement released today.
"We owe this success to the donors from all walks of life who have entrusted us with their resources and their hopes and dreams for our community. Their generosity is a great example of our smart and caring community."
The foundation also announced it will tailor $2 million in grants during the next three years to projects which see more than one charity work on them.
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google