Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 12/5/2014 (892 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Winnipeg Harvest has issued an urgent plea for its top 10 needed food items.
The local food bank said it needs help to restock its shelves because of a decline in donations of its top 10 food items.
The top 10 food items needed are:
- canned tuna, salmon, chicken or turkey
- canned fruit and vegetables
- canned stew, chili, brown beans
- peanut butter
- whole grain pasta/whole wheat pasta
- rice (brown, converted or parboiled)
- canned spaghetti sauce or tomatoes
- high fibre and non-sugar coated cereal
- canned lentil, pea or vegetable soup
The food items can be dropped off at 1085 Winnipeg Ave.
Monetary donations are also accepted by calling 204-982-3581.
Winnipeg Harvest helps feed 60,000 Manitobans each month with almost half of them children.