Winnipeg Harvest has issued an urgent plea for its top 10 needed food items.
The local food bank said it needs help to restock its shelves because of a decline in donations of its top 10 food items.
The top 10 food items needed are:
- canned tuna, salmon, chicken or turkey
- canned fruit and vegetables
- canned stew, chili, brown beans
- peanut butter
- whole grain pasta/whole wheat pasta
- rice (brown, converted or parboiled)
- canned spaghetti sauce or tomatoes
- high fibre and non-sugar coated cereal
- canned lentil, pea or vegetable soup
The food items can be dropped off at 1085 Winnipeg Ave.
Monetary donations are also accepted by calling 204-982-3581.
Winnipeg Harvest helps feed 60,000 Manitobans each month with almost half of them children.