Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Balmoral Street stabbing over beer
A 45-year-old man is in hospital after being stabbed during a robbery early Saturday.
Winnipeg police said the man was rushed to hospital in unstable condition with upper body injuries, but he is now listed in stable condition.
Police said the man was confronted by two people on the 600 block of Balmoral Street.
Police said the pair stole a pair of two-litre bottles of beer from him before stabbing him at about 12:50 a.m.
Nobody has been arrested and the investigation is continuing.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition January 15, 2012 A3
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google