Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Bed, Bath & Beyond heads to city
IT'S official: Bed, Bath & Beyond is coming to Winnipeg.
Shindico development manager Bob Downs has confirmed the U.S.-based home-accessories giant will be the fourth retail tenant in the new Polo North development on the old Winnipeg Arena site at Polo Park.
Industry sources said earlier this winter that Bed, Bath & Beyond was one of the retail chains eyeing the Polo North space. But Shindico and the company declined to comment at the time.
The other tenants in the three-storey, 210,000-square-foot office/retail complex are off-price fashion retailer Marshalls, Mark's Work Wearhouse and Western Financial, which is also leasing the top two floors of office space in the complex.
Marshalls will be the first retail tenant to open its doors. Its 28,000-square-foot store is scheduled to open on Thursday. Opening dates for the Mark's Work Wearhouse and Bed, Bath & Beyond outlets have not been announced.
Bed, Bath & Beyond has stores in every Canadian province except Saskatchewan and Quebec and had been eyeing the Winnipeg market for more than four years.
Its stores carry a broad selection of products for the bathroom, kitchen and dining room. It has been a popular destination for Manitobans making shopping excursions to Grand Forks, Fargo and Minneapolis, where it has outlets.
-- Murray McNeill
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition March 30, 2013 B4
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google