Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Call me anything...
HAVING John Travolta butcher her name on live TV during the Oscar show early this month was the best thing that ever happened to singer Idina Menzel, I figure.
If he'd said it properly, the world would have instantly, utterly forgotten her. But when he inexplicably pronounced her name as "Adele Dazeem" she became an internet meme -- which, however fleeting, is better than no publicity at all.
Now E!Online reports that 10 days ago Travolta, who had already apologized, pretty much bought out some flower shop. "He sent her a big, gorgeous bouquet of flowers to her dressing room. It was huge..." the site's source says. "It was clear he felt very bad about it."
The flowers went to her Broadway-theatre dressing room; she's now appearing in a musical called If/Then.
She's 42. John is 60.
Punk'd or pregnant?
MILA Kunis is expecting Ashton Kutcher's twins, says OK! mag. Nobody in a position to know has confirmed this, but it would help explain their recently announced engagement.
ANYBODY really need another reason to hate Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen? No? Well, I've got one anyway:
Their 14,300 sq. ft. mansion in L.A.? The one they spent four years and $20 million building, and moved into last year? The one with six bedrooms, vast gym, pool, library, moat, etc. (but no screening room)? They're selling it, asking around $50 million.
No doubt some star-struck sucker will pay up, assuring the couple a 150 per cent profit.
Don't worry, they won't be homeless: they're building a comparable place in metro Boston, and have a $14-million, 47th-floor condo in Manhattan.
Speaking from experience
IN the upcoming comedy, The Other Woman, Leslie Mann plays the wife, Cameron Diaz the mistress, and Kate Upton the girlfriend. They discover each other, bond, and gang up on the guy, played by Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.
Sounds rather droll, but Diaz tells OK! mag that in fact she takes a hard-edged view of these things:
"Everybody has been cheated on, everyone will be cheated on. I can't fix that, I don't know how, I don't have any judgement on anybody, I don't know how to fix the problem. We are human beings, we are complicated -- you cannot go through life without tallying up a few scars."
Hmmm. She didn't explain what led her to this view, but she has dated Justin Timberlake, ballplayer Alex Rodriguez, Jared Leto, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Matt Dillon, not all of them known for fidelity.
For the love of Liz
SPOTLIGHT couple: Socialite and rich-guy dater Liz Hurley's latest flame is one David Yarrow, heir to a ship-building fortune, former hedge fund tycoon, and now a wildlife photographer.
Hurley is barely acting any more, but still has 450,000 Twitter followers, the Daily Mail notes in reporting this. No doubt they're all trying to keep up with her busy love life, which has included Hugh Grant, serial babe-dater Steve Bing, Indian tycoon Arun Nayar, Aussie cricket star Shane Warne, and various others -- although last month she did deny that Bill Clinton once, errr, entertained her at the White House.
She's 48. So is Yarrow.
The Terminator diet
GAME of Thrones star Emilia Clarke is suffering for her art as she prepares to play Sarah Connor in this new Terminator film, she tells InStyle UK:
"I've been spending all day every day in weapons training. I've been shooting guns, weightlifting, kickboxing, and generally kicking a lot of ass.
"On top of that, I have not been allowed to eat anything that might taste good at all."
All just an act
STARLET Amanda Seyfried has dated a lot of actors: Micah Alberti, Emile Hirsh, Dominic Cooper, Alexander Skarsgard, Ryan Phillippe, Josh Hartnett...
Some she met through her movies. As she explains to W magazine, "When you're young, it's hard not to get together with your co-star. It's not always a great idea, but the experience of making a television show or movie is so intimate and romantic. And I love acting like I'm in love!
"A lot of my co-stars have been sexy guys my age who are really respectful and cool. So, why not? I'm not going to pretend it's not fun."
She's currently dating Justin Long. She's 27.
Banksy not a Belieber
JUSTIN Bieber, struggling to prove that he's not just an arrogant infuriating creep, has added a tattoo intended to show his wry urban hipness, or something: a version of Banksy's Balloon Girl drawing, on his right forearm.
But the mysterious graffiti artist may not be a fan. He has a "verified" Facebook account, on which he posted the picture, with a one-word comment: "Controversial."
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition March 23, 2014 ??65524
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 16 articles for today)10:02 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- 'Forever family'
- New survey shows NDP 'floor'
- Early birds hit the Boxing Day sales
- Synagogue serves up some Christmas meals and cheer
- Troubling stories about kids in hotels
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Blood runs deep for Winnipeg family
- Holidays push back garbage, recycling collections
- New design uplifts personal care homes
- Families unite at annual feast
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- Remains may be decade old
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Police continue to seek info on driver; hit-and-run proves fatal
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
- Selby among victims of debit card-skimming scam
Ads by Google