Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Checkstop stats released
CITY police and RCMP report that in the second week of their annual holiday Checkstop program, they've stopped nearly 3,000 vehicles.
Charges related to impaired driving amounted to 15 in the city and 14 in the rest of the province.
Within Winnipeg, police reported the following statistics:
-- 945 vehicles stopped.
-- 104 approved screening device (ASD) tests administered.
-- 12 24-hour suspensions issued (ASD warnings).
-- 15 driving impaired/over/refusal charges.
-- 39 traffic related Provincial Offence Notices (PON) issued.
RCMP reported from Dec. 9 to Dec. 15:
-- 1,795 vehicles were checked across Manitoba during 80 Checkstops.
-- 14 people were charged with either impaired driving or drive over .08. An additional two people were charged with refusal.
-- Six 24-hour alcohol-related roadside suspensions.
-- 200 other traffic-related provincial statute (Highway Traffic Act) charges laid.
-- Nine Liquor Control Act (LCA) offences.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition December 17, 2013 A2
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 50 articles for this week)12/24/2014 1:41 PM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- Santa, sleigh on course: NORAD
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google