Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 20/5/2013 (1338 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Two more women have come forward with allegations they were sexually assaulted by a Winnipeg couple already facing similar charges.
Winnipeg police said Monday they've laid additional charges against Richard Robert Charles Gordon, 46, and Jackie Erin Burgoyne, 35, after two separate complainants came forward in February.
The two accused, employed as sheriff's officers with Manitoba Justice, were already facing a list of charges involving the accusations of four other women. Those charges date back to incidents in late 2012.
Now, police say Gordon and Burgoyne face new charges after two women came forward in February of this year.
A 21-year-old woman reported that in September of 2010 she had been at a bar in the downtown area where she met a man and woman she did not know. She was later offered a ride home, which she accepted. However, instead of taking her home, the couple drove the victim to their home in the northeast part of the city where it is alleged a sexual assault occurred.
A 30-year-old woman reported that between April 1 and April 30 of last year, she was at a home in the northeast part of the city where she was sexually assaulted by a couple, whom she knew.
Then, between July 1 and Aug. 31 of last year, she was again at the home where she was forced to consume a drug and then sexually assaulted by the same couple.
Gordon and Burgoyne were arrested on Friday.
He faces a number of charges, including three counts of sexual assault, assault and administering a noxious substance with intent to endanger life or cause bodily harm,.
She has been charged with three counts of sexual assault and three counts of assault.
Both were detained at the Winnipeg Remand Centre.
Gordon and Burgoyne are also at the centre of a lawsuit involving a sex tape.
The couple has been involved in a six-year civil dispute over their appearance in an online video that showed them in consensual sex acts with another woman.
A website featured an explicit 45-second clip of Gordon and Burgoyne, who have been living common-law for several years, and encouraged visitors to purchase a membership to view the entire 40-minute video.
Court documents reveal Gordon and Bourgoyne admit they met the woman and her husband in a Winnipeg bar during Grey Cup week in November 2006. The sheriff's officers said they agreed to be taped privately for their own viewing pleasure.
The other couple alleges Gordon and Bourgoyne willingly agreed to be recorded in a sexual romp for the viewing pleasure of others, stating the officers signed consent forms acknowledging their participation in "adult photo/video production for commercial purposes."
Justice officials suspended Gordon and Burgoyne without pay in December 2006 when they learned of the video but the two got their jobs back in early 2007.
A civil judge ordered a temporary injunction in April 2007 removing the Gordon-Burgoyne video from the website.
The case was to have gone to trial in 2010, but was delayed. No new court dates have been set. Another judge was appointed to mediate the dispute.