A Winnipeg teen says she was plied with alcohol and cocaine, tied up and raped by a much older stranger after a night of partying turned violent.
The girl, who was just 15 at the time of the alleged 2008 attack, took the witness stand Monday and tearfully described what happened to her. She also identified 47-year-old Oubay Chebib as the man responsible.
"I was crying and screaming for help. I was really scared. I just wanted it to stop,' she told jurors.
Chebib has pleaded not guilty to sexual assault, forcible confinement and uttering threats. None of the allegations has been proven and he is presumed innocent. Chebib is a Winnipeg businessman who previously owned the Fabulous Futon Factory on Albert Street.
Jurors heard the incident began when the girl was taken to Chebib's home by her 17-year-old sister. She had never met the accused before, and it wasn't revealed in court whether the sister previously knew him. However, the sister introduced Chebib by the nickname of "O.C."
Chebib supplied both girls with beer and crack cocaine, according to the teen. She was living in foster care at the time and gladly accepted what he was offering.
"Then it just went bad," the now-19-year-old told court Monday. Her sister stepped outside, saying she was going for a walk and would be back in five minutes. But she never returned, leaving Chebib alone with the girl.
She told jurors Chebib became upset, accusing her of stealing drugs from him and demanding she strip off her clothes to prove nothing was hidden.
"He sounded angry, seemed very agitated, he couldn't stay still," she said. Chebib allegedly shoved her to the ground, began punching her in the back of the head and then ripped her clothing off while sexually assaulting her under the guise of doing a drug "search."
The girl said she had a pocket knife inside her sweatshirt she had pulled out and threatened to use against Chebib. But he overpowered her and threw the weapon across the room, then allegedly tied her up to the bed and raped her.
Following the attack, Chebib allegedly ordered the teen to get dressed and leave. He also issued a parting threat.
"He told me if I told anyone, there was going to be someone that would hurt me," she said. The girl immediately phoned her father and later told her foster mother, who took her to hospital. But the girl initially refused to give a statement to police, telling jurors on Monday she had warrants out for her arrest and didn't want to go to jail.
She eventually came forward in 2010 and disclosed details of the incident.
"I was tired of keeping it in," she said.
The trial is set to last five days.