Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
New roundabout opens in East K.
A NEW roundabout opened to traffic on Friday at Grassie Boulevard and Molson Street.
The roundabout was built to improve traffic flow and replace the existing four-way stop. Traffic approaching the intersection will not be permitted to travel east on Grassie Boulevard until the last week of November to allow for the final stage of construction.
Seven Oaks rehab wins award
THE Medical Fitness Association has honoured the Seven Oaks-Wellness Institute pulmonary rehabilitation program for its excellence in patient care and integration between hospitals and medical fitness facilities.
Respiratory therapists from the hospital work with exercise professionals from the Wellness Institute to educate and offer supervised exercise for patients with COPD, a debilitating lung condition.
The program will be featured alongside four other programs at an awards ceremony in New Orleans at the end of November.
Missing senior found dead
A MISSING 79-year-old man has been found dead two kilometres from his vehicle.
RCMP said hunters found the body of Carl Ellingson. No foul play is suspected.
RCMP issued a missing person alert after Ellingson failed to arrive at his home in Benito on Thursday. He was last seen leaving Swan River on Thursday after 5 p.m.
RCMP are continuing to investigate, but said no further information will be released.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition November 10, 2012 B2
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Police charge 12 drunk drivers
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google