Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
One man killed, another injured while helping motorist
ONE man is dead and another seriously injured after they stopped to help a car that had gone into the ditch on St. Mary's Road Friday night.
The two men from the RM of Ritchot were using a pickup to pull out the car on St. Mary's about 2.5 kilometres south of the Red River Floodway when they were struck by a southbound 2002 Oldsmobile Alero.
A 51-year-old man died in hospital. The second man, 23, remains in hospital with serious, undetermined injuries.
The male occupants in the Oldsmobile, ages 19 and 18, were not injured.
Road conditions were icy and snow-covered.
Alcohol is not considered a factor at this time, said St. Pierre-Jolys RCMP.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition January 27, 2013 A3
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google