Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
Five arrested on drug charges
FOUR men and one male youth have been arrested after more than $17,000 worth of drugs was found in a residence in Westwood on Tuesday.
Winnipeg police said Thursday that several police units, including the tactical support team and canine unit, executed a search warrant at a house on Canoe Bay at about 2:20 p.m.
Police said they found 899 grams of marijuana, with a street value of $13,485, 260 grams of psilocybin, with a street value of $3,900, 166 non-prescription Tylenol 3 pills, worth $83, and seven grams of cocaine worth $560.
All five were released on a promise to appear in court.
Two stabbed in Osborne Village
WINNIPEG police are looking for the public's help after a double stabbing in Osborne Village early Thursday.
Police said a 46-year-old man and a 33-year-old man were stabbed after a group of men began fighting.
Anyone with any information is asked to call police at 204-986-2877 or CrimeStoppers at 204-786-TIPS (8477).
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition February 22, 2013 A5
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Guests welcomed with open arms at Christmas Feast in the West End
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google