Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
MOON ALERT Avoid shopping or making important decisions from 6 a.m. until 1 p.m. After that, the moon moves from Scorpio into Sagittarius.
ARIES (March 21-April 19)
Shake it up a little because you need a change. No more same old, same old. Obviously, travel anywhere if you can, or be a tourist in your own city. Go to new places, eat at ethnic restaurants, talk to people from different backgrounds.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20)
You're focused on banking, shared property, mortgages and loans. Be aware of the moon alert above and wrap up what you can. Although with Mercury retrograde, it's not a good time to begin things, it's an excellent time to finish.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20)
Because the moon is opposite your sign, you have to co-operate with others. This isn't a big deal, but be aware of it. Listen to what they have to say and keep an open mind (But not so open that everything falls out.)
CANCER (June 21-July 22)
You have a desire to get better organized simmering away on the back burner. Therefore, do something so you feel better organized. Put magazines and papers in little piles or whatever. Even if you only give it 15 to 30 minutes, later you will feel pleased and, dare we say, smug? (We did.)
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22)
This is a pleasant, fun-loving day! Enjoy a little vacation. Sports events, social escapes, fun times with children and romantic flirtations will please you. Basically, you just want to schmooze with others and have a good time. (Sounds good to me.)
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
You'll enjoy puttering around where you live because you feel domestic. You might want to cocoon at home or chat with family members, especially female relatives. You've been popular and leading a busy life lately -- you need a breather.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
With a gaggle of planets at high noon in your chart, people notice you now. Perhaps this is why you feel a strong need to communicate to others. You want to enlighten someone about something. Maybe you want to enlighten the world. (Evita!)
SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
You still have a strong desire to travel and seek adventure, which is why you might focus on money and cash flow, but pushing the sides of the envelope to learn more and experience more in life can cost money. Not always, but generally. Count your pennies.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
The moon is in your sign, which makes you a bit luckier than all the other signs. It's not huge -- but it's an edge. And as the risk-taker of the zodiac, you know an edge is all you need. (Of course, there's such a thing as a finger hold and then there's white-knuckling it.)
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
Play your cards close to your heaving bosom because it's in your best interest to do things behind the scenes or alone. Some of you have the challenge of dealing with ex-partners and the fallout of past relationships. This is never easy.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
Discussions with a female friend might be significant. Someone might want to confide in you or vice versa. This discussion might even cause you to change or tweak your goals. After all, you're thinking about your job a lot lately.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20)
Personal details about your private life might be public, especially in the eyes of parents, teachers, VIPs and the police. (Ouch.) Just be aware of this in case you need to do some damage control. It could be about your social life, which is gearing up. (Thank gawd.)
Former South African president Nelson Mandela (1918) shares your birthday. You are intelligent, committed and serious about pursuing goals. You're also idealistic and courageous. You are often a spokesperson for a group because you eloquently present their views. Work hard to build or construct something this year because your rewards will soon follow.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition July 18, 2013 B8
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 31 articles for today)3:46 PM
Justice officials are seeking an eight-year prison sentence for a Winnipeg man who used hidden spy cameras to secretly record ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Parole officials impressed with progress made by Winnipeg killer
- Toews' lobbying to be probed
- 8-year sentence sought for Winnipeg man who set up bathroom spy-cams
- MTS inadvertently filters internet customers' traffic
- RCMP quiet on large police presence at Canadadrugs.com offices
- Teen fighting back against alleged bullying with lawsuit
- Wanted: info on trains blocking traffic
- Man sentenced to 16 years for sexually abusing his five children
- Firms shortlisted for $590 million transitway and Pembina underpass project
- Death of Stony inmate investigated
- Significant snowfall likely for southern Manitoba
- Developer giving up on 110-year-old Sargent Avenue building after battle with city
- Boy, 11, injured after falling about 4.5 metres from ski lift at Asessippi
- Man facing impaired driving charge after fatal ATV crash says he had alcohol after the crash
- MTS inadvertently filters internet customers' traffic
- Mom wants ski trips reviewed
- Brothers headed to prison after attacking their mother's dealer
- Semi-trailer falls into Assiniboine River
- Saskatchewan teen killed in crash in Manitoba
- Poor conditions slow drive into Winnipeg; some vehicles off road
- Family shattered by loss of four young sons
- Pilot Mound teen dies after skiing accident
- Two in hospital after car crashes into restaurant
- Forgiving the unthinkable
- Selinger wins on second ballot at NDP leadership convention
- Property tax increase capped, but frontage levies, garbage fees to increase
- Before meeting with mayor, Chipman wants written response
- Judge doesn't buy tale of biker's bounty
- Boy who gave up Jets stick gets surprise gift
- Protected witness wonders if big payday was worth hassle
Ads by Google