Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
MOON ALERT Avoid shopping or making important decisions from 6 a.m. until 1 p.m. After that, the moon moves from Scorpio into Sagittarius.
ARIES (March 21-April 19)
Shake it up a little because you need a change. No more same old, same old. Obviously, travel anywhere if you can, or be a tourist in your own city. Go to new places, eat at ethnic restaurants, talk to people from different backgrounds.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20)
You're focused on banking, shared property, mortgages and loans. Be aware of the moon alert above and wrap up what you can. Although with Mercury retrograde, it's not a good time to begin things, it's an excellent time to finish.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20)
Because the moon is opposite your sign, you have to co-operate with others. This isn't a big deal, but be aware of it. Listen to what they have to say and keep an open mind (But not so open that everything falls out.)
CANCER (June 21-July 22)
You have a desire to get better organized simmering away on the back burner. Therefore, do something so you feel better organized. Put magazines and papers in little piles or whatever. Even if you only give it 15 to 30 minutes, later you will feel pleased and, dare we say, smug? (We did.)
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22)
This is a pleasant, fun-loving day! Enjoy a little vacation. Sports events, social escapes, fun times with children and romantic flirtations will please you. Basically, you just want to schmooze with others and have a good time. (Sounds good to me.)
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
You'll enjoy puttering around where you live because you feel domestic. You might want to cocoon at home or chat with family members, especially female relatives. You've been popular and leading a busy life lately -- you need a breather.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
With a gaggle of planets at high noon in your chart, people notice you now. Perhaps this is why you feel a strong need to communicate to others. You want to enlighten someone about something. Maybe you want to enlighten the world. (Evita!)
SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
You still have a strong desire to travel and seek adventure, which is why you might focus on money and cash flow, but pushing the sides of the envelope to learn more and experience more in life can cost money. Not always, but generally. Count your pennies.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
The moon is in your sign, which makes you a bit luckier than all the other signs. It's not huge -- but it's an edge. And as the risk-taker of the zodiac, you know an edge is all you need. (Of course, there's such a thing as a finger hold and then there's white-knuckling it.)
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
Play your cards close to your heaving bosom because it's in your best interest to do things behind the scenes or alone. Some of you have the challenge of dealing with ex-partners and the fallout of past relationships. This is never easy.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
Discussions with a female friend might be significant. Someone might want to confide in you or vice versa. This discussion might even cause you to change or tweak your goals. After all, you're thinking about your job a lot lately.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20)
Personal details about your private life might be public, especially in the eyes of parents, teachers, VIPs and the police. (Ouch.) Just be aware of this in case you need to do some damage control. It could be about your social life, which is gearing up. (Thank gawd.)
Former South African president Nelson Mandela (1918) shares your birthday. You are intelligent, committed and serious about pursuing goals. You're also idealistic and courageous. You are often a spokesperson for a group because you eloquently present their views. Work hard to build or construct something this year because your rewards will soon follow.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition July 18, 2013 B8
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 21 articles for today)8:24 AM 0
Photo Store Gallery
- Poached pickerel seized at The Forks
- Girl's death a homicide: RCMP
- Culture of secrecy allows repeated shameful tragedies
- Teen takes responsibility for killing fellow high school football player with surprise punch
- Bronze urn stolen from Winnipeg Buddhist temple
- Onerous bail practices rapped
- Threw fatal punch, Winnipeg teen admits
- Coming attraction: pop-up downtown drive-in theatre
- Man faces human trafficking charges
- Winnipeg to get direct flight to Mexican resort town Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo
- Mountie's answer to pain: suicide
- Winnipeg mayor lists Arizona home as a primary residence
- Motorcycle crash kills Pine Falls pair
- RCMP shoot, injure man during baseball game in Norway House
- Woman's death 'sadder than sad'
- Robbed by his own brother?
- Two years jail for grisly death
- Woman dies in farming accident
- Stolen custom-built bike found
- Woman in alleged dine-and-dash trio returns for purse, charged with fraud
- Mountie's answer to pain: suicide
- 24 Manitoba municipalities declare state of emergency
- Several Manitoba Safeway, IGA stores to shut doors
- Canada Day marred by two deaths in city
- Piercing at Ex prickly issue for city parents
- Polo Park getting major makeover
- Dad fights to keep $100,000
- Mom rips judge over remark
- Nygård under gun in Bahamas
- Tweeting checkstops is risky business
Ads by Google