Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
MOON ALERT: Only until 2:30 p.m. today do we have the all clear to do business and make important decisions. The moon is in Cancer.
ARIES (March 21-April 19)
Small appliances might break down today or minor breakages could occur at home. Something will interrupt your home routine. Avoid arguments with a female family member.
TAURUS (April 20-May 20)
This is a mildly accident-prone day so pay attention to everything you say and do. Think before you speak or act. You might dream up a clever new approach to something in the hospitality industry or the entertainment world or dealing with children.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20)
Keep an eye on your finances today. You might find money; you might lose money. Ditto for your possessions. Stay in touch with your bank account to know what's happening. Family discussions about how to use shared resources will be powerful and hopefully, helpful.
CANCER (June 21-July 22)
Conversations with authority figures will be a bit prickly today. You might take offense. (Don't quit your day job.) Part of this could be because you have firm ideas about how to cut costs or make improvements and you want to persuade others to agree with you.
LEO (July 23-Aug. 22)
You feel restless today. However, if you can focus on your finances, you might see new ways to boost your earnings or make money on the side. You might also see new uses or applications for something that you already own because you're in a resourceful frame of mind!
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
Conversation with a female friend or acquaintance might be difficult or surprising today. Alternatively, you might meet a real character, someone bizarre. Perhaps someone is attracted to you because you're concerned with deep issues and you're persuasive.
LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
Research or quiet, behind-the-scenes learning will reveal something to you today. (Maybe just cruising on the web.) Or perhaps you have some secret plans that you are hatching? A conversation with a female authority figure (Mom?) might be testy or surprising.
SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
Travel plans might be rescheduled, cancelled or delayed today. Double-check everything ahead of time. Group discussions will be productive because either you or someone else will have some powerful, profound suggestions -- ideas that might change what you do in the future.
SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
Conversations with authority figures will be powerful today. You might ferret out secrets or expose something someone has done. Or you might have an intense discussion with a boss. Beware becoming obsessed about something.
CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
Serious, profound discussions about politics, religion or consciousness-raising ideologies will intrigue you today. Discussions about publishing, the media, medicine and the law could reveal some basic truths or hidden data. Tread carefully with female companions.
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
Something will interrupt your work scene today, perhaps because of a lively discussion with a female coworker. Others might not like your suggestions about how to handle shared property or shared resources. Someone might even think you are probing private matters.
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20)
Discussions with others will be powerful today but you should be able to get to the bottom of something. Meanwhile, parents and people who work with young children should be extra vigilant because this is a mildly accident-prone day for your kids.
Actress Kim Cattrall (1956) shares your birthday today. For you, privacy is a luxury; and despite your need for privacy, you seem to constantly attract attention from others. You have strong family values and are naturally supportive and protective to others. This year something you've been involved with for about nine years will end or diminish to make room for something new.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition August 21, 2014 B6
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
(1 of 31 articles for today)3:46 PM
Justice officials are seeking an eight-year prison sentence for a Winnipeg man who used hidden spy cameras to secretly record ...
Photo Store Gallery
- Parole officials impressed with progress made by Winnipeg killer
- Toews' lobbying to be probed
- 8-year sentence sought for Winnipeg man who set up bathroom spy-cams
- MTS inadvertently filters internet customers' traffic
- Teen fighting back against alleged bullying with lawsuit
- RCMP quiet on large police presence at Canadadrugs.com offices
- Wanted: info on trains blocking traffic
- Man sentenced to 16 years for sexually abusing his five children
- Firms shortlisted for $590 million transitway and Pembina underpass project
- Death of Stony inmate investigated
- Significant snowfall likely for southern Manitoba
- Developer giving up on 110-year-old Sargent Avenue building after battle with city
- Boy, 11, injured after falling about 4.5 metres from ski lift at Asessippi
- Man facing impaired driving charge after fatal ATV crash says he had alcohol after the crash
- MTS inadvertently filters internet customers' traffic
- Mom wants ski trips reviewed
- Brothers headed to prison after attacking their mother's dealer
- Semi-trailer falls into Assiniboine River
- Saskatchewan teen killed in crash in Manitoba
- Poor conditions slow drive into Winnipeg; some vehicles off road
- Family shattered by loss of four young sons
- Pilot Mound teen dies after skiing accident
- Two in hospital after car crashes into restaurant
- Forgiving the unthinkable
- Selinger wins on second ballot at NDP leadership convention
- Property tax increase capped, but frontage levies, garbage fees to increase
- Before meeting with mayor, Chipman wants written response
- Judge doesn't buy tale of biker's bounty
- Boy who gave up Jets stick gets surprise gift
- Protected witness wonders if big payday was worth hassle
Ads by Google