Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
THE following is a list of volunteer opportunities advertised in the Winnipeg area. For more information about these listings, please contact the person/organization directly. You may also call to set up an appointment to see an interviewer at Volunteer Manitoba. Information: 204-477- 5180, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.volunteermanitoba.ca.
Lunches With Love Inc., a community based non-profit that makes and distributes lunches to Winnipeg's homeless shelters and to those living on the streets, is looking for a volunteer administrative assistant/secretary. Knowledge of process for boards of directors and/or non-profits is helpful but not necessary. This position requires you to make your own schedule but be mindful of deadlines and needs of the non-profit. Information: www.luncheswithlovewinnipeg.com or email@example.com.
Oakview Place Extendicare is looking for a volunteer transporter to dentist appointments. Duties would include transporting residents from their unit to the main floor for their dentist appointment. May be required to sit and wait for the appointment to finish, and then return resident and any paperwork back to the unit. Information: Volunteeroakview@gmail.com.
The Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba is looking for Dragon Boat 2014 volunteers. Volunteer duties include assisting with check-in and registration area, 50/50 raffle sales, site set and tear down (light lifting) and merchandise sales. All volunteers working a minimum four-hour shift will be provided with a meal voucher. Various shifts: Sept. 12, noon to 8 p.m.; Sept. 13, 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Sept. 14, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Information: www.goodbear.mb.ca or firstname.lastname@example.org.
African Communities of Manitoba Inc. (ACOMI) is looking for volunteers for the Africa Pavilion, Aug. 10-16. Duties would include providing customer service and crowd control for our patrons. Information: email@example.com or www.acomi.ca.
Canadian Diabetes Association requires volunteers for a number of different areas. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.diabetes.ca/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities-locator/.
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition July 28, 2014 B3
Have you found an error, or know of something we’ve missed in one of our stories?
Please use the form below and let us know.
Having problems with the form?Contact Us Directly
Photo Store Gallery
- Break-in on top of her grieving
- No charges laid in fatal collision
- RCMP charge more than dozen impaired drivers
- For some First Nations people, like Tina Fontaine’s family, grieving is part of the yuletide season
- RCMP officer faces drug and weapons charges
- Other alleged victims for therapist charged with assault
- Mild weather not saving city hall any money on snow-clearing budget
- Gang member gets 11 years for paralyzing attack on rival
- Man, 45, missing since Monday
- Chance of snow today, Thursday
- MTS says services have been restored
- Winnipeg trucker dies in semi-truck collision
- New Transcona Boulevard offically opens today
- Nepinak wants Kelvin teacher fired
- Remains may be decade old
- Oswald officially enters NDP leadership race; promises an "alternative vision"
- Infant remains in locker may be decade old: Brodsky
- Criminal probe into HQ project
- Police seek driver after pickup truck hits pedestrian
- No charges laid against man who killed teen mugger
- Slain man leaves behind nine children
- 'Bannock Lady' faces $3,000 in tickets; vehicle seized
- Trucking firm in mourning after driver killed in crash
- Teacher pulled from classroom
- 'Fun party for two' ends in tragedy
- Photos released of suspects in coat heist
- RCMP investigate allegations of doctored invoices, improper payment
- Semi driver dies in collision at Lagimodiere, Dugald
- Twelve arrested, including former city council candidate; weapons and drugs
- Keep car windows clear or face fine: police
Ads by Google