Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 16/11/2008 (3019 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
So after over 24 hours of travel, I’m finally here in Santiago. Next time I’ll travel by boat or by donkey.
Not much time to report anything of note, other than I made my first purchase… deodorant. And here I thought I had remembered everything.
Other items of note:
- It doesn’t appear my hotel room has any power outlets, so I’m running on battery time until I can find somewhere to charge up the laptop.
- It’s 28 degrees here. How is the snow?
- I had my first Chilean wine on the flight over. The flight attendants were moving pretty fast so I didn’t catch the vintage, but it was the 35 Sur Sauvignon Blanc. I remember this one being around Winnipeg for a while some years ago, and darn was it good. A lot of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc these days are being made in the ultra-crisp and grassy/grapefruit style New Zealand has made so popular. We’ll have to see if the trend continues.
- I really should have tried to learn a few more Spanish phrases. I fear utter embarrassment.
- Did I mention it’s 28 degrees?