So after over 24 hours of travel, I’m finally here in Santiago. Next time I’ll travel by boat or by donkey.
Not much time to report anything of note, other than I made my first purchase… deodorant. And here I thought I had remembered everything.
Other items of note:
- It doesn’t appear my hotel room has any power outlets, so I’m running on battery time until I can find somewhere to charge up the laptop.
- It’s 28 degrees here. How is the snow?
- I had my first Chilean wine on the flight over. The flight attendants were moving pretty fast so I didn’t catch the vintage, but it was the 35 Sur Sauvignon Blanc. I remember this one being around Winnipeg for a while some years ago, and darn was it good. A lot of Chilean Sauvignon Blanc these days are being made in the ultra-crisp and grassy/grapefruit style New Zealand has made so popular. We’ll have to see if the trend continues.
- I really should have tried to learn a few more Spanish phrases. I fear utter embarrassment.
- Did I mention it’s 28 degrees?