Hey there, time traveller!
This article was published 5/9/2007 (3382 days ago), so information in it may no longer be current.
Well knock me over with a feather.Seems like the general public doesn't believe Conrad Black got a raw deal during his high-profile fraud trial in Chicago.Our most recent www.mikeoncrime.com
"Jury Poll" had only 29 per cent support for Lord Black's quest to get his convictions tossed out of court and a new trial ordered.The other 71 per cent believed Black was rightfully convicted and should be preparing to take his legal medicine.I update the Jury Poll question every few days and it's always interesting to take the pulse of the people on hot-button topics of the day.Some other recent "verdicts" rendered by the court of public opinion:*
87 per cent of people believe a Winnipeg police officer should go to jail for killing a mother of three following a night of drinking and partying with colleagues. *
92 per cent of people say Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell should do his six-month drunk driving sentence immediately, and not after the NHL season is finished as a judge is allowing him to do*
81 per cent of people said kids under the age of 12 who kill should face criminal charges. Currently the law doesn''t allow for that.*
And in one of our closest votes in recent memory, 51 per cent of people believe the Canadian government should intervene and offer help to a former Winnipeg man serving a life sentence for drug dealing in a Greece prison.Feel free to keep the discussion going by posting your thoughts on these, or other issues of the day, below.And don't forget to visit the website
often to cast your vote.As well, take a moment if you haven't already to sign up for my website "Mailing List".
It's quick, easy and free and gets you breaking news alert on major crime and justice stories, plus exclusive previews of my national "Crime and Punishment" radio show every weekend.